Monday, November 14, 2011

Girl Fun

I have failed to blog about a couple of the fun things I have gotten to do with my little princess lately, to include: a “Girls Day Out”, a “Slumber Party” and Disney on Ice!  In an attempt to catch up on my blogging, here is what is likely to be a long post summarizing all of these fun activities!

Girls Day Out
The weekend of October 15th, we went to Mt. Sterling for a long weekend with family.  Kate idolizes Madi, more than I could possibly explain.   The wonderful part is that Madi is absolutely wonderful with her, regardless of the 7 year difference.  I thought it would be fun to take the girls for a day of shopping, lunch and pedicures.  Madi had a soccer game that Saturday morning in Lexington, so it worked out perfectly.  The girls and I loaded up and went to the soccer field for an hour or so and then hit the mall (per their request – I gave them the choice of Hamburg or the Mall).  The girls shopped in every children’s clothing store at Fayette Mall until they found the perfect matching outfit.  As soon as we walked out of the store with our big purchase, they were ready to change their clothes.  So, we found the nearest restroom and did just that before continuing on with our day.  As any girl would know, the outfits were not complete without a necklace and bracelet.  Kate vividly remembered a set from one of the multiple stores we went to.  Of course, we went back and bought the necklaces and bracelets (which clearly did not match, but who cares!).  Next up was lunch, anywhere they wanted to go.  I pushed for PF Changs, Kate chose McDonald’s and Madi chose Applebee’s.  Since my vote didn’t count, we decided to go with McDonald’s or Applebee’s, whichever came first as we drove to Hamburg.  Applebee’s it was!  The girls finished off their matching lunches with an oreo milkshake and then we headed for the nail salon for some pedicures.  The color of choice was bright pink (of course!) with a snowflake design on the big toe and polka dots on the others.  Believe it or not, it looked pretty cute!  It was an absolutely wonderful girl’s day out.  I have to admit that I enjoyed myself just as much as they did!


SO Cold




Beautiful Girls!









Slumber Party
One random day, Kate decided she wanted to have a slumber party.  Although she really wasn’t sure what a slumber party was, it seemed like it could be a lot of fun!  We were sure we could give her the experience of a slumber party and thus the planning was underway.  The festivities would commence on a Friday evening (in true Slumber Party fashion).  As Kevin and I worked that Friday, Kate and Nanny prepared all day for the celebration that was about to occur.  They created games, set up a music and dancing section and even cut up fruit for dessert….all the true necessitates for a slumber party.  That night, we ordered pizza and the fun began.  We ate on the floor in the party room (her room), played pin the tail on the donkey and did A LOT of singing and dancing.  We all truly enjoyed ourselves – all of us!  Even Monkey got in on the action – he did a little singing and dancing too!  This simple, easy night turned out to be a blast.  I don’t think I have laughed that much in a really long time.  Having kids gives you the chance to be a kid again yourself.  It was nice to completely forget about all of our daily worries and just act silly with the kiddos!  It really is fun being a kid J



Daddy and his princess (Notice the many outfits
throughout the night)








Kate playing pin the tale on the donkey...finlly not cheating!

Monkey having fun


Dancing!


Disney on Ice

We were blessed that Kate made such great friends during her two years at Goddard.  The parents of all the kids are enjoyable to be around too, which makes for some great play dates.  Even though Kate doesn’t attend Goddard any longer, we still love getting together with our friends.  So, “Disney on Ice: Mickey and Minnie’s Magical Adventure” came to Cincinnati and we all decided to take the kiddos!  We have taken Kate to Disney on Ice before, and as we always do, we let her pick out one completely useless, expensive toy before the show starts.  Kate chose binoculars.  Really?  I was convinced she didn’t even know what she was picking.  Much to my surprise, she said to Kevin “Yes, Daddy, I know.  You look in them and you can see really far.”  I stand corrected.  The binoculars it was.  Luckily, it was the cheapest piece of crap toy they were selling (can you sense my bitterness?).  Off we went to our seats, where we would meet up with all of her friends.  She was thrilled to see them all, even her favorite teacher, Miss Natalie was there!  I have to say; however, that Clare sitting next to her was the highlight of the day (well, maybe it was a close second to all the junk food she got to eat…popcorn, cotton candy…)!  The skits presented in the show were from The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid – none of which Kate has ever seen (she doesn’t have the attention span to watch much TV).  But, I don’t think the show really mattered.  Being able to experience this with her friends made it perfect.  I love taking her to these shows and am excited for when Hayes is old enough to enjoy them too!




Binoculars are backwards :)




Kate and Clare!

1 comment:

  1. Could the Davis clan be any cuter?? Oh Wait...it is about too. You are such a good mommy Tia. I think you need at least 6 kids. You make it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete